- Enrollment information
- FAQs: Weather Delays and Closings
- Giant Summer Academy registration (K-8) now open; register by 5/8!
- Giant Wildcat Academy students speak at state conference
- Giants spirit pins now available - get yours today!
- Kendall student earns blue ribbon in Symphony in Color contest
- MARK YOUR CALENDAR: All-City Art Show (5/12 & 5/13)
- MARK YOUR CALENDAR: Kindergarten Roundup set for 4/13
- MARK YOUR CALENDAR: Kindness Rally set for 5/12
- McCulloch academic team wins regional invitational
- McCulloch band, choir earn third straight ISSMA gold
- McCulloch jazz band, jazz choir earn third straight ISSMA gold
- McCulloch music department earns ISSMA’s highest honor 3rd year in a row
- MCS Bullying Prevention Fact Sheet/Report Forms
- MCS bullying prevention program earns national award
- MHS Academic Giants headed to state with perfect math score
- MHS Hall of Distinction nominations due May 10
- MHS jazz band earns 3rd straight ISSMA gold
- MHS JROTC program earns highest rating from Army
- MHS musicians earn gold at ISSMA state solo & ensemble contest
- MHS senior named Indiana Academic All-Star
- Sign up TODAY for the Giant Discovery Zone after-school program!
- Tech Giants advance to state robotics competition
- VIDEO: WIWU-TV features the Giant Bistro
- WFYI features Little Giants in documentary on high-quality preschools
April 28 2017MARK YOUR CALENDAR: All-City Art Show (5/12 & 5/13)
April 28 2017MHS senior named Indiana Academic All-Star
April 26 2017MARK YOUR CALENDAR: Kindness Rally set for 5/12
April 25 2017Don't miss 'High School Musical' on stage at the Walton! (4/27 & 4/29)
April 24 2017Giant Summer Academy registration (K-8) now open; register by 5/8!
News for Marion Community Schools
MHS students earn honors at regional art competition
Greer Decker, an MHS junior, earned four Gold Keys, for her works titled "They're Here", "Doll Face", "The Battle", and "Unexpected End", which appear below, from top down. She also earned an Honorable Mention for her work titled "Long Forgotten", which appears below, at bottom.
Shyan Artis, an MHS senior, earned a Gold Key award for her drawing titled "Blue" (below left), and she earned a Silver Key for her drawing titled "Shyan" (below right).
Courtney Hiles also earned a Gold Key award for her sculpture "Today's Dress" (below top), and earned an Honorable mention for her sculpture "Lazy Day Chair" (below bottom). It was the second year in a row Courtney earned a Scholastic Art award. She earned in Honorable Mention in 2016.
The museum’s scholastic competition involves 52 counties in northeast Indiana and northwest Ohio, and all artworks will be on display at the museum, 311 E. Main St., Fort Wayne, from Feb. 12 through April 9. For museum hours, admission fees and directions, click here to visit the museum’s website.
All pieces that earned a Gold Key will be part of a competition in New York this spring. According to the FWMoA website, the high caliber of entries into the Fort Wayne competition has propelled the region to be one of the top regions for national awards given in the past few years.
Marion, IN 46953