- Enrollment information
- FAQs: Weather Delays and Closings
- Giant Wildcat Academy students speak at state conference
- GRAMMY Foundation awards grant to growing MHS band program
- McCulloch students shine at Solo and Ensemble competition
- MCS Bullying Prevention Fact Sheet/Report Forms
- MCS singers featured at Circle the State with Song festival
- MHS JROTC cadets earn highest finishes ever at Purdue U. competition
- MHS students earn honors at regional art competition
- Musicians advance to state Solo and Ensemble competition
- School year calendars approved for 2017-18 and 2018-19
- Sign up TODAY for the Giant Discovery Zone after-school program!
- Tech Giants advance to state robotics competition
- Two MHS seniors named National Merit Scholarship finalists
- VIDEO: WIWU-TV features the Giant Bistro
- WFYI features Little Giants in documentary on high-quality preschools
- YOU'RE INVITED: Don't miss Livin' Fat on stage at MHS (2/25)
February 23 2017MARK YOUR CALENDAR: Little Giants enrollment opens next month
February 22 20172/28 board meeting start time changed
February 21 2017Get your Unified Basketball T-shirt today!
February 21 2017Circle K donates $1,000 to Allen through 'Fueling Our Schools'
February 17 2017GIANT SHOWCASE: Black History Club, Follett Challenge, and more
News for Marion Community Schools
MHS students earn honors at regional art competition
Greer Decker, an MHS junior, earned four Gold Keys, for her works titled "They're Here", "Doll Face", "The Battle", and "Unexpected End", which appear below, from top down. She also earned an Honorable Mention for her work titled "Long Forgotten", which appears below, at bottom.
Shyan Artis, an MHS senior, earned a Gold Key award for her drawing titled "Blue" (below left), and she earned a Silver Key for her drawing titled "Shyan" (below right).
Courtney Hiles also earned a Gold Key award for her sculpture "Today's Dress" (below top), and earned an Honorable mention for her sculpture "Lazy Day Chair" (below bottom). It was the second year in a row Courtney earned a Scholastic Art award. She earned in Honorable Mention in 2016.
The museum’s scholastic competition involves 52 counties in northeast Indiana and northwest Ohio, and all artworks will be on display at the museum, 311 E. Main St., Fort Wayne, from Feb. 12 through April 9. For museum hours, admission fees and directions, click here to visit the museum’s website.
All pieces that earned a Gold Key will be part of a competition in New York this spring. According to the FWMoA website, the high caliber of entries into the Fort Wayne competition has propelled the region to be one of the top regions for national awards given in the past few years.
Marion, IN 46953