- Enrollment information
- FAQs: Weather Delays and Closings
- Giant Summer Academy registration (K-8) now open; register by 5/8!
- Giant Wildcat Academy students speak at state conference
- Giants spirit pins now available - get yours today!
- Kendall student earns blue ribbon in Symphony in Color contest
- MARK YOUR CALENDAR: All-City Art Show (5/12 & 5/13)
- MARK YOUR CALENDAR: Kindergarten Roundup set for 4/13
- MARK YOUR CALENDAR: Kindness Rally set for 5/12
- McCulloch academic team wins regional invitational
- McCulloch band, choir earn third straight ISSMA gold
- McCulloch jazz band, jazz choir earn third straight ISSMA gold
- McCulloch music department earns ISSMA’s highest honor 3rd year in a row
- MCS Bullying Prevention Fact Sheet/Report Forms
- MCS bullying prevention program earns national award
- MHS Academic Giants headed to state with perfect math score
- MHS Hall of Distinction nominations due May 10
- MHS jazz band earns 3rd straight ISSMA gold
- MHS JROTC program earns highest rating from Army
- MHS musicians earn gold at ISSMA state solo & ensemble contest
- MHS senior named Indiana Academic All-Star
- Sign up TODAY for the Giant Discovery Zone after-school program!
- Tech Giants advance to state robotics competition
- VIDEO: WIWU-TV features the Giant Bistro
- WFYI features Little Giants in documentary on high-quality preschools
April 28 2017MARK YOUR CALENDAR: All-City Art Show (5/12 & 5/13)
April 28 2017MHS senior named Indiana Academic All-Star
April 26 2017MARK YOUR CALENDAR: Kindness Rally set for 5/12
April 25 2017Don't miss 'High School Musical' on stage at the Walton! (4/27 & 4/29)
April 24 2017Giant Summer Academy registration (K-8) now open; register by 5/8!
News for Marion Community Schools
Each of these students submitted a recorded audition in October, which was evaluated by three judges and compared against hundreds of other students from across the state. Cassie and Michael were selected for our region's honor choir, which will include about 150 students.
The choir will perform at the Grand Wayne Embassy Theater in Fort Wayne as part of the IMEA's professional development conference on Jan. 13.
The All-State Honor Choir is a great opportunity for these talented students, and will give them the chance to learn and grow as musicians. Only five other students at McCulloch have earned this elite honor in the past. (Students were also chosen for the 2014 and 2016 choirs.)
Marion Community Schools and Little Giants Preschool are thrilled to have been chosen to be a part of documentary examining the importance of high-quality early learning opportunities for children.
The documentary, The Building Blocks of Our Future: A Look at Quality Early Education, features programs in Indianapolis and Marion. Little Giants Preschool Director Kerri Wortinger, along with teachers and teacher's aides, were interviewed for the film, and the crew also spent time in our classrooms on the first day of class this school year.
Take a look at a preview of the documentary here:
The full film aired on Nov. 17 on WFYI, the Indianapolis PBS station that produced the documentary. That airing was not available to Marion cable subscribers (though over-the-air and some dish customers did have the opportunity to watch.
>> WIPB, the Muncie PBS channel aired by Bright House, plans to air the documentary at 5:30 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 8.
In addition, Little Giants Preschool is planning a special event for donors who supported our funding drive for an early education matching grant from the state of Indiana last spring. We are planning a local premiere of the documentary at 6 p.m. Jan. 9 at the Globe Theater at Indiana Wesleyan University. Donors and their guests will have the opportunity to come and view the documentary, and meet some of the staff and families of Little Giants Preschool.
We are proud of our high-quality preschool, and we are proud to have been chosen to be a part of this documentary!
The artwork featured on the two cards was created by Marion Community Schools students, and the cards themselves will be printed by Marion Regional Career Center's print shop.
If your family, organization, or business is looking for a holiday card with a local flair — and a local impact — make sure you take advantage of this opportunity to get your order in for these special cards!
Each set of 20 cards and envelopes is $6.25. Proceeds from the sale of these cards go to help MCS students in need. We hope you'll consider purchasing. It's an easy way to brighten someone's day and make a real difference in our community!
Orders are due next Monday, Nov. 21. Please return your completed order form, along with check or cash, to Patty Barney in the district office at Marion High School, 750 W. 26th St. Our office is open from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Cards will be available for pickup the week of Dec. 5.
The Harlem Ambassadors basketball team will be bringing their entertaining, engaging show to Bill Green Arena on Wednesday, Nov. 30, to face off against a team of local “all-stars”. This team is known for high-flying dunks, dazzling ball-handling tricks, and hilarious comedy routines. The Ambassadors — all college grads who are committed to remaining drug free — are also great role models with a positive message for young people.
More information about the game in the evening of Nov. 30 at MHS's Bill Green Arena, including where to get your tickets, is available at MarionGiantsSports.com.
The Ambassadors will also be bringing a special program to some of our schools earlier in the day. Click the links below to learn more!
Marion, IN 46953