- Celebrate spring at the MHS planetarium
- Enrollment information
- FAQs: Weather Delays and Closings
- Giant Wildcat Academy students speak at state conference
- Giants spirit pins now available - get yours today!
- GRAMMY Foundation awards grant to growing MHS band program
- Kendall student earns blue ribbon in Symphony in Color contest
- MARK YOUR CALENDAR: Kindergarten Roundup set for 4/13
- McCulloch band, choir earn third straight ISSMA gold
- McCulloch jazz band, jazz choir earn third straight ISSMA gold
- McCulloch students shine at Solo and Ensemble competition
- MCS Bullying Prevention Fact Sheet/Report Forms
- MCS bullying prevention program earns national award
- MCS singers featured at Circle the State with Song festival
- MHS jazz band earns 3rd straight ISSMA gold
- MHS JROTC cadets earn highest finishes ever at Purdue U. competition
- MHS JROTC program earns highest rating from Army
- MHS musicians earn gold at ISSMA state solo & ensemble contest
- MHS students earn honors at regional art competition
- School year calendars approved for 2017-18 and 2018-19
- Sign up TODAY for the Giant Discovery Zone after-school program!
- Tech Giants advance to state robotics competition
- Two MHS seniors named National Merit Scholarship finalists
- Two MHS students advance in elite national math competition
- VIDEO: WIWU-TV features the Giant Bistro
- WFYI features Little Giants in documentary on high-quality preschools
March 16 2017MHS JROTC program earns highest rating from Army
March 15 2017Celebrate spring at the MHS planetarium
March 14 2017MCS bullying prevention program earns national award
March 13 2017Kendall student earns blue ribbon in Symphony in Color contest
March 13 2017McCulloch band, choir earn third straight ISSMA gold
News for Marion Community Schools
WFYI features Little Giants in documentary on high-quality preschools
Marion Community Schools and Little Giants Preschool are thrilled to have been chosen to be a part of documentary examining the importance of high-quality early learning opportunities for children.
The documentary, The Building Blocks of Our Future: A Look at Quality Early Education, features programs in Indianapolis and Marion. Little Giants Preschool Director Kerri Wortinger, along with teachers and teacher's aides, were interviewed for the film, and the crew also spent time in our classrooms on the first day of class this school year.
Take a look at a preview of the documentary here:
The full film aired on Nov. 17 on WFYI, the Indianapolis PBS station that produced the documentary. That airing was not available to Marion cable subscribers (though over-the-air and some dish customers did have the opportunity to watch.
>> WIPB, the Muncie PBS channel aired by Bright House, plans to air the documentary at 5:30 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 8.
In addition, Little Giants Preschool is planning a special event for donors who supported our funding drive for an early education matching grant from the state of Indiana last spring. We are planning a local premiere of the documentary at 6 p.m. Jan. 9 at the Globe Theater at Indiana Wesleyan University. Donors and their guests will have the opportunity to come and view the documentary, and meet some of the staff and families of Little Giants Preschool.
We are proud of our high-quality preschool, and we are proud to have been chosen to be a part of this documentary!
Marion, IN 46953